I’m Julie. I’ve tried keeping up with blogs before, but always lost interest. I’m hoping this time it sticks.
Here’s the potentially boring about me stuff:
I’m 26. I live with my husband (Aaron), son (Jonah), four cats (Jai, Fiona, Davey, and Sally), and a dog (Rory). I’m a work-at-home mom. I have an Etsy shop where I sell handmade jewelry. Aaron and I have been together since January 2004. We met while working at Spencer Gifts! We own a home in Fayetteville, AR.
I attend school online. I’m a senior, but I’m part-time. I should graduate in the spring of 2012. I don’t really plan on doing anything with my degree (Liberal Arts), but I figure I should just go ahead and get it done since I’m so close.
There are a couple of links on the left sidebar to some of the other places you can find me.
- making jewelry
- knitting (although I haven’t had a lot of time for it since A CERTAIN SOMEONE came along)
- Netflix Instant
- thrift stores/flea markets
- equal rights
- Google Chrome
- Pandora One
- the Oxford comma
- zebras/zebra print
- the use of the “r-word”
- people who don’t keep their dogs on a leash at the park (and in my neighborhood)
- When people say “preggo” or “preggers” instead of “pregnant”
- Talking on the phone. It makes me super nervous. I rehearse what I think the conversation might go like in my head a million times first.
- I have a phobia of bodies of water. I don’t know why.
- I was a vegetarian for 14 years.
- I’m pretty liberal.
- My favorite author is David Sedaris. I’ve seen him read live three times over the past several years. We met him on April 12, 2011!
- Rufus Wainwright and Tom Waits are tied for my favorite musician ever. Rufus Wainwright touched me once. And I’ve seen him live twice (once with Ben Folds!). And we saw Tom live once!
- Seeing Kids in the Hall: Live As We’ll Ever Be a few years ago was one of the best nights of my life. Definitely the funniest. And I met them! (Can you tell that meeting celebrities is really exciting to me?!)
- Grey and brown are my favorite colors.
- I have a half-sleeve and have a couple more tattoos planned. There’s just the issue of them costing money that’s getting in my way.
- My ears are gauged to 00g (first hole) and 6g (second hole). I used to have my lip and tongue pierced.
- I very, very rarely wear makeup.
- My favorite font is Century Gothic 10 pt.
Oh, and thanks to Laurie for the blog name suggestion. I wasn’t creative enough to come up with something that wasn’t already taken! But I think it sounds super cute. 🙂
Feel free to contact me. I love mail! brightlittlebuttons (at) gmail (dot) com